This policy was last updated on October 10, 2019
Who We Are
The Tie That Binds is a website and hosts a variety of social media platforms used to promote and encourage the strengthening of Christian ministry leaders around the world, created by J. Lander, an associate with the Paraclete Mission Group (www.paraclete.net), a 501(c3) non-profit organization.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect personal information in several different ways on our website. Our goal for collecting this information is to provide you the best possible experience while using our website. The following are examples of when we ask for and collect your personal information:
1. Email Registration – We provide you the opportunity to receive regular emails from our ministry. When signing up for our email list, you may be asked to provide information such as your email address, name, and preferences. The information you provide will be used to send email to you, personalize your experience, and improve our offerings. We will only send emails to users who have opted-in to receive our emails. If you signed up for email at one time but no longer wish to receive emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.
2. Submission Forms –When filling out submission forms on our website, whether for coaching or counseling referrals or for any of our other services, you may be asked to provide personal information, such as name, email address, phone number, and other relevant information. This information is used to connect with you accordingly.
3. Contact Us – Our “Contact Us” form allows you to contact us directly with any questions, comments, or requests you may have. This information is used to respond to your questions, comments, and requests.
4. Blog Subscription – We offer a subscription to our regular blog through email. If you would like to subscribe to our blogs, you will be asked to provide your email address. You may unsubscribe from our blogs at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.
5. Website Comments – We encourage comments on our blogs. If you choose to do so, you will be asked to provide personal information, including as your name and email. All comments coming through our website are reviewed before being posted. Please note that any information that is posted to comments will be seen by anyone visiting our website.
6. Transaction Forms – All forms used to process transactions, including our donation forms at which take you to the Paraclete Mission Group website, require your personal information, including your name, address, email, and payment method for billing purposes. This information will never be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason without your consent, other than for the purpose of providing the service requested.
When you provide us with personal information, we use it to provide services, such as coaching, counseling referrals, keep you up-to-date on our ministry offerings, as well as to provide opportunities to engage with and support our ministry.
Protecting Your Information
We take confidentiality very seriously and use a variety of measures to ensure the safety of your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All financial information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which protects and encrypts your information as it is submitted to our payment gateway provider’s database. This data is only accessible by those authorized to access such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
Providing Personal Data to Others
In order for us to provide the features and functions needed to run our website, we work with several third-party companies. Some of these companies and what we use them for are:
· Google Analytics – Provides us with usage statistics on our website. For example, how long you spend on a particular page on our website and where you came from.
· MailChimp – Provides us with the monthly blog subscription service we use to share news and ministry networking. To learn more about Mail Chimp’s data collection, click here.
Links to Other Websites
This site contains 2 types of hyperlinks to web sites that are not operated by The Tie That Binds.
1.) Partners, Affiliates, and/or Permissions granted by organizations who've given us permission to host their content. We do curate information from many organizations (found in our "Partners" page) whom we do endorse (using their logos, links, and often quoting their work) and encourage building relationships with for the purpose of strengthening ministries and their leaders.
Our website is for people who are 18 years of age or older. If you are not 18 years of age or older, we ask that you please do not submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect the personal information of anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can perform the needed actions to correct this.